Friday, September 10, 2010

Tropical Storm Hermine

According to http://weather.yahoo.com, the death toll from Tropical Storm Hermine has climbed to 6. Hermine caused a lot of flooding through much of the southern Midwest states. San Antonio reached record numbers for rainfall during this time of year. My parents who reside in Spring, Texas, which is a suburb of Houston, said there satellite dish was struck by lightning and the storm blew out one of their televisions. The lake behind their home was rising at an alarming rate, but the water technicians for the subdivision were able to drain most of it before the water became a problem. When I lived in Killeen, Texas, we had several storms that would bring tremendous amount of rain and lightning our way. Tornadoes were also a common occurrence. I use to hate and love when it would flood. I loved it because work was normally cancelled and I use to hate it because I always had damage either to my vehicle or my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment