Friday, December 3, 2010

"The Big Stripe"

Apparently, there is an extreme cold front hitting the United States early than expected. The cold front goes as far northwest as Montana all the way to the east coast of the Carolinas.  After this low front passes through the midwest and east coast, a push of Canadian air will make its way south.  The Canadian air will cause tremendously frigid temperatures for places that are not use to getting significantly chilly during the holiday season.  I wish Yuma could get some of the cold front. It has been years since I have experienced a white Christmas.  While our high temperatures will reach close to 70 degrees, Montana will have temperatures as low as 13 degress and the Carolinas will be in the 40's.  It is making me shiver just thinking about it. If you think those are cold, below is a graphic that of the expected lows for Sunday, December 5.
The temperatures displayed are unreal. Negative 2 in the state of North Dakota, I would not know how to prepare for such weather.  I would probably overdress and end up sweating which will cause me to become sick with the flu.  States that will experience the Canadian cold air will have snow fall much earlier than expected.  Although, I would love to have or experience a white Christmas, one thing that I would not like to have to go through is scooping up the snow from the driveway and sidewalks plus laying salt to ensure the snow melts in those areas.  One other problem that would arise could be the infamous black ice. I've driven through black ice when it snowed back in 2003 while stationed at Fort Hood, Texas.  That was one scary ride. Also what didn't help was the fact that I did not know how to drive in these type of conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment