Friday, December 3, 2010

Black Friday Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It was 6:00 pm Thanksgiving night and my family decided to brave the elements and shop for early specials.  Our first stop was going to be Toys "R" Us since I believe they were to open at 10:00 pm. To prepare I put a leather jacket over my short sleeved polo shirt and thought I would be warm enough. Boy, was I in for a very long long night. The first couple of hours while standing in line were fine until the wind started to blow and then it became very chilly. So, like a true wimp I took shelter in my car a turned up the heater.  Well, little did I know I did not have much gas so I could not run the engine as long as i wished.  I decided to fall asleep knowing I had to be at work for 3 am that morning. When I awoke at 12:30pm Friday, my feet were numb from the chilly temperatures. However, I had to get ready for work, if I had remembered correctly there were no indications of cloud cover when I looked at the sky while waiting in line.  I figured it will be chilly still since clouds were not overhead to trap what little heat the Earths surface contained. I wrongly estimated the days temperature and simply overdressed. The morning temperature was 50 and would later rise close to 80 degrees and it perplexed me. I thought the temperature would be still cold and windy, maybe it is a good idea that I not become a meteorologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment